Wednesday, June 09, 2004

The weather has been very good this week. Ok, yesterday the bottom dropped out and I got soaked.

I was driving along and it started to rain a little bit. I leaned in toward the windshield to get out of the rain. All was fine. It ended very quickly. Looking up I could tell I was on the edge of the cloud. After driving a bit further, it started raining very hard. I made a U-turn and back tracked about a half a block to get out of the rain. At this point I stopped and put the top up. My passenger, DM, was thoroughly soaked but he was pretty good natured out it. After dropping him off, I headed back to work.

On the way back, I turned on the A/C. I am happy to say the A/C works very well. I had not really given it a good test so I was very pleased.

Upon arriving back at work, I looked up at the sky and said to myself, "Self, it looks clear, put the top down." Before I could finish speaking, it began to thunder. I left the top up.

The sky was clear again by the time I was heading home. While putting the top down, I noticed a plethora of new water spots on the trunk and hood. Something is seriously wrong with the paint job! :(

We took a dip in the neighbors pool after work.

I have started looking for a guy with a dozer to take care of the dirt. It turns out that it will probably be cheaper to hire a guy with a dozer than to try to rent just the dozer. Maybe I can get the dozer guy to let me give it a try.

I took another short walk last night. Three nights in a row, each night including a little bit of running. I sure need the exercise but how long can I keep this up. Maybe one more day!

No comments: