Friday, January 21, 2005

Circle of Life
I have been meaning to mention this for a few weeks now but it keeps slipping my mind. Huntsville recently opened its first traffic circle. Because it is near my house, I drive though it a few times a week. If someone is in the car with me who has not passed through it before, I will usually go around a few times before exiting the circle. Believe it or not, the traffic circle actually has improved traffic flow at this intersection. According to this report, that should not be a surprise. It says roundabouts save lives. You can even watch a video. No peer to peer file sharing please.

For your viewing pleasure, here is another article regarding the traffic circle. I was surprised to see 3 folks listed in it that I know. Mary lived in the house behind us when we lived in West Ridge. David and Todd built our house in West Ridge. That was a few years ago. We are no longer in West Ridge but we are not very far away.

I have even spotted a few armadillo's in the area. Real ones.

1 comment:

Brian the Red said...

We got our first roundabout near the mall just in time for the Christmas rush. We rarely if ever travel that way, but when we do my wife gives me the look and says, "Don't you dare" because she knows what is going through my mind - SKIDPAD and several trips around. I've only had the opportunity once on my own and I made 2 trips around before traffic showed up and I got out.