Sunday, January 23, 2005

Scratch and Dent
Today I managed to remove one of the inner fenders from the truck bed. Sounds easy enough. Twelve carriage bolts hold it in place. Eleven had to be removed using either a nut-splitter or a grinding wheel. This fender well will accompany me to auto body class. I will apply a hammer and dolly to it very soon in an attempt to remove some of the dents and dings. The plan is to complete the disassembly of the bed over the next few weekends. I suspect the majority of bolts will cause as much grief as the first dozen.

Final Resting Place
Speaking of beds, I moved the Cherry Bed into Brianna's room yesterday. I was concerned that if it spent much more time in the shop it would get messed up. Brianna was very pleased to get her 'big' bed. It looks a bit silly, a twin size mattress on a full size frame. That will be corrected soon.

May You Live in Interesting Times
I made a trip to B&N tonight to get a book. It is one of Terry Pratchett's from the Disc World series. I started reading the book back in November. At some point I lost it. Ginger thinks perhaps I left it at the hotel in Ashville, NC when we went to visit the Biltmore. I have keep looking around the house to find it but it is no where to be found. I finally decided to accept that it was lost. Thus the trip to get another copy. Top up, heater on. Outside temperature 24 degrees. Inside crazy guy wearing sweatshirt, fleece jacket, and shorts.

The previously unnamed book is "Interesting Times".

No comments: