Wednesday, January 12, 2005

It's A Small World After All
Started the auto body class last night. I am pretty excited about it. There are about a dozen guys in the class. Most of them are working on older vehicles: Mustangs, Cameros, 280Zs, Impalas, '32 Fords, and even a few trucks.

Mr. Rice, the instructor is a very interesting guy. It seemed odd calling him Mr. Rice since he was several years younger than myself. He collects and restores old gas pumps, coke machines, and other similar stuff.

I know 3 of the guys in the class. At lunch today I ran into another one of them who I just met last night.

Shop time at home on Tuesday nights will pretty much disappear for the next 15 weeks. I will have to work smarter/faster on the weekends if I want to have the truck running soon.

And speaking of trucks, I put two quarts of oil in the Dodge this morning. It appears to be using about a quart per thousand miles. No smoke, no drips, no detectable leaks.

No comments: