Thursday, January 13, 2005

TH350 Transmission Vent
I have a hole in top of my transmission. Yes, the Turbo 350 in the '72. The hole is on the driver side, behind bell housing near the top. There is suppose to be a short tube sticking out of the hole call something like a vent tube. Why is mine missing? I don't know. Does it really matter. Probably not to much if you stay out of the deep water. Why do I care? I want to pressure wash the transmission before I re-install it. The vent tube will keep water from going into the vent hole. Water is not the friend of a transmissions guts.

My auto parts store can't find a part number. I don't really want to go the Chevrolet dealer ship. I would prefer to keep all four of my limbs. I suppose I could hit a salvage yard, but that is not a convienent solution. It may become the solution though.

Perhaps a little duct tape and being careful not to aim directly at the vent hole. Maybe I should get some of that colored duct tape. I am thinking a nice dark red would do nicely.

That is all.

No comments: