Saturday, January 22, 2005

Progress Report
This morning I repaired the brakes on the Dodge truck. Can you believe I made 3 trips to the part store simply for the brakes?

Trip 1: Buy brake pads and cleaner.
Trip 2: drop off rotors to have turned.
Trip 3: Pickup rotors.

Had the rotors not needed to be turned, it would have been only one trip. I made the most of it though. I drove the Miata with the top down and the heater on high. The first trip didn't require a jacket. The temperature dropped so fast today that by the third trip, I had a coat on and the windows up. All before lunch.

The parts store only charges $8.00 per rotor to turn them. They did a good job too. Total parts cost today was less than $40. This included brake pads with a life time warranty. They obviously don't know how hard I am on brakes or they would have never offered to sell me those.

While I was outside shivering, I also removed the bed from the truck. The idea is to get a few panels loose so that I can take them with me to auto body class and beat on them with a hammer. If I spend anytime out there tomorrow I will have the door down and the heater on.

For the first trip out in the Miata today, the temperature was 55 F. On the way back from dinner tonight, the temperature was 29 F. Dinner tonight consisted of a trip to Green Brier's Restaurant for Catfish and hush puppies.

72 GMC

No comments: