Friday, April 08, 2005

Monday I decided that I had graduated from the auto-body class. Four class sessions remained but it was going to be all shop time. Given that the learning curve had flattened out, I decided Tuesday evenings would be better spent at home working on the truck in my garage.

Tuesday evening David M came by to loosen the lugs on his Miata. They had been over tightened the last time they were rotated. Using a 4' pipe on the end of the lug wrench solved the problem. He had other commitments, made by his wife, so he couldn't stay for the evening session.

Mr. Dwayne W., aka Magic Hammer, aka Mr. Goodwrench, came by. I believe he and Creg have both graduated as well. I offered to let them take my fenders with them if they wanted to continue to go to class.

Tuesday I sand blasted the 2nd exhaust manifold and then painted it. After Dwayne showed up, we connected the first exhaust manifold to the exhaust pipe.

Next we began working on getting the initial distributor timing set. Unfortunately we were unable to turn the crank shaft. Deja vu! The first problem found was that the started seemed to be installed crooked. The starter housing was somehow pressed against the flex plate. The started was removed and about that time we called it a night. The clock in the garage said 8:10 pm but it hadn't been adjusted for DST. I had forgotten about that so I was surprised to see it was almost 9:30 pm when I got inside.

No comments: