Thursday, April 14, 2005

Several months ago when it seemed to rain for forty days and forty nights, the water from the creek behind our house rose. This year due to my previous dirt obsession, the water did not cover as much of the yard.

As usual, when the water is up, all sorts of junk gets washed into my back yard: milk jugs, bits of syrofoam, plasic soda bottles, and the neighbors fence.

Thats right, part of the neighbors fence. The year before when it flooded part of this particular fence was pushed over by the rushing water. It was damaged so they decided to replace it. The folks upstream from them decided the fence panel would make a nice bridge and proceeded to do so. They even added some nice steel cables to reinforce it.

This year it showed up in my backyard. No one ever came looking for it. After a couple of weeks, I pulled it out of the trees. After setting in the yard for a few months I finally decided they weren't coming for it. This evening I dismantled it and placed the boards in the back of my truck, rusty nails and all. This weekend I will find a final resting ground for it.

If you have any junk in your yard, and it rains really hard and get washed away, please be considerate and go retrieve it.

In other news, the bull dozers are working on the lot behind us. From what I understand we will soon be infested with a bunch of new Town Homes. I am hoping for some in the $500,000 dollar range. That should keep the rif-raf out and raise my property value. Personally, I have never seen a 500k town home, but it could happen.

Zoom, zoom, zoom went the Miata with the top down.

No comments: