Sunday, April 03, 2005

More Sand Please
This afternoon I sandblasted all the surface fust off of one of the exahaust manifolds. Next I welded up one a hole. This hole was for heat risers and had previously been welded shut but I opened it back up last week while grinding off some excess metal.

After welding it shut and grinding it smooth, I put a couple of coats on high temperature silver paint on it. Looks pretty good. Unfortunately I ran out of play sand so I only got the one side done. I went ahead an installed it with some new grade 8 steel bolts.

Earlier in the day I spent an hour learning a little bit about metal shaping from a guy who lives a few miles away. He makes english wheels for a living. He had a very impressive setup. I learned a lot.

Yesterdays wind has ended. Today it was calm and warm, until I hit third gear. Then it was just warm.

The dishwasher over flowed yesterday. The kitchen floor was soaked. Unfortunately the carpet in the hall got its fair share too. The dishwasher repairman has already made three trips. It looks like we will be seeing this guy again.

No comments: