Monday, April 11, 2005

Three-Oh!-Eight
This morning as I was driving up my street, I yielded for a red car to pull out in front on my red car. My red car has the top down. This red car had the top open, though I wouldn't say it was down. It was kind of a t-top though not necessarily T.

At first I thought this car was an Acura NSX. A guy on the next street over has a red NSX. This was not the NSX. Another guy on the next street has a 2005 triple black Viper. This definitely wasn't a Viper. Nor was it one of the local Corvettes.

This one was a Ferrari 308 GTS. Who are all these guys and where do they work?

More Network Problems
How is this for a little variety. Tonight I had network connectivy, but I couldn't access Blogger's site. This is not the same as not having internet access or internet access with blogger but being unable to post. What's going on?

Plain White Toast
A friend of mine says he likes Cracker Barrell alot! So much so that he always orders the same breakfast when he is there. I don't recall if it is Uncle Hershels or the Old Timer but you get the idea. I have mentioned to him in the past that they have a pretty good Burger and reasonable onion rings. He is a big fan of onion rings also. Today he said he would have to go to CB several times in a single week if he were ever going to be able to try the onion rings. Sounds like a challenge.

Tomorrow we planning a trip to the local CB. I will be having the burger perhaps. He will be having his usual breakfast with plain White toast.

The Wednesday plan is another trip to CB. I will perhaps have ham and biscuits or possibly the meat loaf. He will probably have his usual breakfast with plain White toast.

For Thursday we are planning a trip to CB. Perhaps I will have bacon and eggs or maybe Chicken Fried Steak. Perhaps he will finally have some onion rings. And plain White toast.

One time at CB when they asked for a name to put on the list, I responded "White".

"White like the color?"

"No white like the trash." He is fortunate enough to have the last name White and gets to be the butt of the joke often enough.

Plans for Friday do not include a trip to CB. That would be crazy. It would take forever to get a table at the Cracker Barrell on a Friday. Perhaps we could get some food to go and take it to the park. The trailer park.

And then next week we will all go on a diet.

Rattle and Hum
I received a package in the mail today from Amazon. I ordered a book and a DVD. The DVD is U2's Rattle and Hum. Not the album, but the DVD. I just happened to notice Amazon had it for $11.24. I couldn't resist.

The first time I saw the movie was the summer it was released. The theater was not packed when I saw it. Let's just say I knew almost everyone there. I was there with my girlfriend. Her name was Kim. There was only one other couple in the theather. While sitting waiting for the show to start I realized I recognized the laugh of the other guy. It was Wade T of Presence Fame. He was a big U2 fan also. (His car tag "U2 WAR" named after the U2 album of the same name.) I didn't know his date. That was the entire crowd. I thought it was a great show. I don't think my girl friend really cared for it. Probably not his either.

Just in case you didn't notice, the book has a fairly long name: Joel on Software: And on Diverse and Occasionally Related Matters That Will Prove of Interest to Software Developers, Designers, and Managers, and to Those Who, Whether by Good Fortune or Ill Luck, Work with Them in Some Capacity. Say that three times fast.

I started reading the book. Sounds pretty interesting huh? Two chapters already, so far two thumbs up.

1 comment:

Brian the Red said...

WOW! Very verbose today. I will definitely have post envy tonight.