Tuesday, June 14, 2005

After work today I strolled out to the parking deck to locate my Miata. A few spots over I saw an old friend sitting in his car waiting for it to warm up.

I told him he needed to put his top down. Bruce agreed and proceeded to put the top down. His car is a golden '72 Corvette. We talked a few minute before he ask me if I wanted to go for a ride. I hestitated because I was ready to go home and then said "yes".

He drove a mile or two before asking "Want to drive it". Again I hesitated before saying yes. I drove it back to the parking deck. When we pulled up next to my car, he started to get out and I said "See you later". Ha! His other car is a late sixties Mustang.

About that time another guy rolls up in his '94 Corvette Grand Sport. Another sweet car.

The Corvette was a fun drive, especially because it was a convertible. The Miata is a lot of fun also. It is amazing how much fun both cars are and how they handle so differently.

I think perhaps I will try to convince my Father his next car should be a Corvette. Think of it as transportation which appreciates in value. That might just be a good investment.

This weekend is the American Grand Prix. 18,000 RPMs.

No comments: