Thursday, June 09, 2005

More Sheet Metal
At lunch today I made a quick trip out to a salvage yard to purchase a few 'new-to-me' parts for the GMC. I felt like I got a really good deal. I will be making a return trip on Saturday with the help of my friend Creg to fetch the parts and bring them hither. I will enumerate my list of goodies after the retrieval is complete. Perhaps even a few photos.

Eighteen Going on Twenty
Today, out of the blue from South Carolina, I received an email from DeAnna. We went to high school together. We even went on a date once if bowling counts as a date. I wonder whatever happened to my bowling shoes. I don't think I have seen them since Auburn, but I digress. I saw 'Mr. Mom' for the first time at her house. That movie has one of my favorite lines of all time: "Two-twenty, two-forty, whatever it takes." Now that my friend is some advice you can live by.

She was checking in to see if anyone had started planning the 20 year HS reunion. I helped plan my 10 year reunion and I didn't get started til a couple of months prior. I am looking forward to seeing those folks again, but it is still a few years away. Maybe I will grow up by then.

And for the record, Imaginery Mike was mentioned in conversation at the ten year festivities.

I also received (I before E except after C) another email today from someone looking over the Miata install page I created. I am amazed at the number of emails that thing has generated. Not nearly as many as referring to an l6278 has created though. Thinking about it now I must have been crazy to take that hard drive apart. C'est la vie.

That part number is continually the number one search term on my blog. This month we had another interesting one: "pretty rick grind with me". I don't even want to know what that one was about. Norm even made a showing.

For the record, I am currently up to no good. Stay tuned for more on that.

I have taken tomorrow off! Jeehaw! (I believe that was the Finnish spelling.) I have a few errands to run in the AM and then hopefully we will be seeing that Sith movie in the afternoon. I read the abridged script (Thank you Mr. Red). I don't think it spoiled it for me. Go check it out at your own risk.

The little people are partying with Grandma tomorrow night so our plan is dinner and a movie.

These same little people were in the neighbors pool when I got home. I joined them for a while. The water was too cool.

Ginger apparrently mentioned her computer had quit last week. I apparrently didn't actually hear her til yesterday. I spent a half hour trouble shooting it this evening and guess what? It looks like another motherboard has given up the magic smoke. That is odd! Two in a month. We have had a few T-storms lately, but those things are on UPS and and and.

And speaking of Mr. Mom, not to be confused with AtHomeDaddy, have you noticed there is a new Batman movie. Hope I didn't lose you there.

And finally I will leave you with these three words: Margarita Bucket.

I am Rick Martindale and I am proud to announce that I did not proof read nor spell check this blog entry. And I am sure it shows.

No comments: