Saturday, June 25, 2005

The mechanical fuel pump in the '72 got replaced today.

Before heading to the parts store I checked the pricing online. Two available. The first was $19.99. The second was $13.99.

The guy in the store tried to sell me the twenty dollar one. I asked for the thirteen dollar one. He seemed surprised that I might know that it existed. He couldn't find it but he did find one for $11.99. That is the one I bought and installed. Everything is fine now.

I bet your wondering how one determines when a fuel pump needs to be replaced. The answer is you guess. Today I made a lucky guess. I knew I should have replaced it when I was rebuilding the engine lst winter but the cheap-skate in me talked me out of it.

1 comment:

Mike said...

Or you find a few gallons of gas in the oil pan. That is my preferred method.

http://truckindaddy.blogspot.com/2005/05/fuel-pump-and-ignition-coil-install.html