Sunday, June 19, 2005

DNF
Or rather, Did Not Start. Only six cars ran in the American Gran Prix today. It was a bit disappointing.

Results: Ferrari(ms), Ferrari(rb), Jordan(tm).

I made a few predictions before the race. In a strange way most of them came true.

1. Sato (BAR-Honda) would not finish. I expected him to blow an engine or something similar.
2. Juan Pablo Montoya would not finish.
3. Michael and Rubens (Both Ferraris) would only end up on the podem if a handful of front runners fell out of the race. This of course has happened in the last couple of races, for example last week Juan got black flagged and the race before that his front suspension shattered.

The race was weird. Lots of cheering for Ferrari, Jordan, and Minardi. Lots of boo'ing over the boycott. I don't think anyone really understood what was happening.

I Tivo'ed the race so later this week I will get another perspective on what happened. The article I read this evening on CNN made it sound like Schumacher got boo'ed when he won. That was not at all what happened.

Did I mention I bought a nice red Ferrari hat. It will go nicely with my little red Ferrari, er, Miata.

Maybe tomorrow I will tell you about getting a fire truck rolling this morning.

No comments: