Tuesday, June 21, 2005

My wife is embarrassed to admit how many computers we have in the house. Don't tell her I told you so. I am a computer engineer though so I think it is simply genetic. It is not that I refuse to throw a computer away when it is no longer useful, I just usually manage to find another home for it before then. You may recall I gave one to my sister just a few short months ago. It was a screaming 300 Mhz job.

For the record, my oldest computer is a 533 Mhz Dell. It is currently my web server. Please don't hit refresh on the browser to fast, you'll take it down. Also for the record, I surveyed four of my friends last year, and two of them had more computers then me. What a bunch of geeks.

The box showed up today. All those who took the bet, need to send in the dollar your owe me.

So this evening I repaired the broken computer. New 400 watt power supply and processor fan, etc. Everything is now fine.

Last night I played the "Why doesn't file sharing on the network work?" game. I lost.

So it seems to me that I spend more time working on computers than actually using them.

1-0-0-1-0-0-1 SOS
1-0-0-1-0-0-1 In Distress.

No comments: