Wednesday, June 01, 2005

As you may or may not have noticed, my web server has been down. Actually it wasn't down so much as it just wasn't communicating with the rest of the network.

What happened? I am not really sure but it had something to do with my father-in-law plugging his laptop into the network on Sunday. For some reason, his computer ended up with the same IP address the server had. Things haven't been the same since then.

The Week In Review
Friday was Jordan's 7th Birthday.

Saturday morning I got a hair cut and drove over to Decatur for the car show.

Saturday afternoon the in-laws arrived to spend the weekend with us.

Saturday evening we all drove back to Decatur to see the Hot Air balloons. Also took a look at the old tractors on display

Sunday we went to O'Charley's for Lunch. Jordan's pick. They sang happy birthday to him. It was also my Mother's Birthday.

Sunday afternoon I put a 1.5 gallons of gas in the truck and cranked it up. Yep, it was out of gas.

Monday we played 18 holes of mini-golf. I also made a drawer front for my sister Terry. I spent a lot of time getting the stain to not match. It didn't match before I got started either.

Tuesday I called Ginger from work and told her if she would make the appointment, I would go see the doctor. I have been having chest pains for a few days. Some pain in the left arm also.

Today I went to the doctor. If you walk in the front door and say "I am having chest pain" they will have you laying flat on a table so fast it will make your head spin. They did an EKG and said everything looked ok. Lots of other tests also including chest x-rays and tapping the veins. Did I really need to know my cholesterol level was high? Friday I get to go see a cardiologist and have a stress test. Funny they call it a stress test. Well not really. The doctor said my problem was probably just stress. He is probably right, but that doesn't mean I am not in a little bit of pain right now.

As I was sitting, waiting for the test results it occurred to me that 1) I rarely get a cold or the flu, 2) all my real health problems over the last few years have either been weight or stress related. Follow me out on this limb while I claim that weight problems are probably the result of stress. They don't call them comfort foods for nothing.

Today a friend told me that getting old sucks. I told him I was glad I wasn't old like him. Or you.

The power went out this morning from 6:45 til 7:30 am. The computer needed a good reboot anyway. Fascinating. No, not so much.

No comments: