Monday, June 13, 2005

Technically I now have approximately 2.5 trucks. My garage can really only hold two. What to do? It is time to start stacking them. Tomorrow evening I will attempt to put the front of the '68 into the back of the '72.

Pickup Line
Last week I got to drive the Miata Monday thru Friday. It rained over the weekend and G' was at work so it stayed in the garage Saturday and Sunday. Monday was a kid pickup day, so ergo I was in the pickup. Tomorrow is not a pickup day and it appears the weather is planning to cooperate.

Have I mentioned the convertible Datsun 1100 I saw last week? Do you have any idea what that looked like? I saw one at the salvage yard. It was apparently from the early '70s and way ahead of it's time. I Googled for an image to no avail.

My friend Creg is storing the hood for his '53 Ford pickup in my shop {upstairs}. The contract says I keep it if it stays for 10 years. He will be back for it though. I offered to store it because his garage was full and he needed a nice dry place to keep it.

Saturday I helped him detach the rear axel and suspension from his frame. After that we literally pulled the frame out from under the cab on a dolly. His next step is probably sand blasting the frame. Estimate for DIY: 3 long days. Professional Job: $100. We will soon know which resource is more scarce for him - time or money. He is like me in that he will need to think/talk about it for a couple of week before any action occurs.

What is a word that means the opposite of impulsive?

No comments: