Tuesday, June 21, 2005

Package Tracking
Ain't that new fangled internet stuff just awesome? Like for instance package tracking.

I was expecting a box from FedEx yesterday. When I got home it wasn't here so I checked the tracking number. Then I said to myself, "Self, that's odd." I sometimes talk to myself when I know people are listening. The tracking history showed the package was already delivered, not yesterday, but 3 days earlier on Friday.

So I thought to myself, "Good, no more waiting". Most people can't hear me think, though I suspect that there is at least one person that can. No box in the house, no box in the garage, no box on the front or the back porch. No box mistakenly delivered to the neighbors.

Next idea. Call customer support where I placed my order. They are going to put a trace on it. It was about this point that I noticed the alleged delivery time was 10:10 PM. I thought that was odd. So did the customer service girl.

Her thought was the driver probably didn't deliver it but marked it that way to get it out of the computer. She went ahead and put a trace on it but told me if it shows up on Tuesday to give her a call back. I got a dollar says it will arrive today.

What good is package tracking if it LIES?

No comments: