Monday, July 05, 2004

Coma Induced Spending
I ordered the new car stereo last night from Crutchfield. Technically it was this morning. The web site said 2-3 business days for delivery. Hopefully it will arrive Friday so I can install it next weekend. The unnamed Miata will be happy. I never really got around to trying to name it.

My first car, a 1976 Mercury Comet, was simply called 'The Comet'. The was also 'The Vette', which was a 1979 Chevy Chevette. There have been others cars, but none really ever got a name. They are simply refered to as 'The Horizon', 'The Pinto', 'The Grand Am', {watch your step} 'The Acura', 'The Truck'. And now 'The Miata'. Only one of these cars really had a personality, the vette, but who wants to call a car 'the money pit'!

Yesterday afternoon I decided to take a little nap. Coma is a better description of what happened. I woke up 3 hours later and really wasn't ready to get up at that point. Of course I paid for it today. At 11:30 pm I attempted to retire to bed. At 11:34 I knew I wasn't going to sleep anytime soon. I tried again around 1:30 am.

Southern Adventures
This morning the kids and I went to Southern Adventures. Ginger was working. My father, aka PawPaw, drove over from Tuscumbia to go with us. We played mini-golf and some games which exchanges quarters for tickets. Wack-a-mole, stomp-a-spider, ski-ball type games. Pawpaw won the mini-golf. Don't know the exact score because when things start getting really bad, one should simply stop counting. Either that or resort to serious cheating. Lunch was at Wendy's. Frosties all around. I sure could use a nap. Then I could stay up all night tonight. Will I never learn?

No comments: