Tuesday, July 20, 2004

F1 Hot Wheels Re-deux
I hit a few more Advanced Auto Parts stores today. Now I have the whole set of Formula One Hot Wheels. It turns out there were 6, not 4. Tonight we all played cars on the coffee table. At the final store I visited they actually had all 6 cars. At least until I got there. I grabbed the last McLaren and Jaguar F1 cars.

Another benefit of the final stop is the cars rang up for $1.29 a piece. The other store was selling them for $1.99. I told the guy at the register I thought they were suppose to be $1.99. He didn't seem to care very much. About anything. Just a job, ho hum. Lucky me.

For the record, the complete set consists of:
  • Ferrari
  • Jaguar Racing
  • Jordan Grand Prix
  • McLaren
  • Renault F1 Team
  • Williams F1 Team


    They also had the cars in 1:18 and perhaps 1:24. The 1:18 scale cars where $24.99 and the smaller ones were $4.99. I will stick with the regular size Hot Wheels. They fit the budget.

    This little adventure, aka the obsession of the week, was very interesting. I had no idea that people made weekly trips to the store to purchase the latest Hot Wheels. And these guys are not playing with them. They keep them in the orignal packaging. I guess it is a lot like stamp collecting. Not nearly as expensive as collecting 1:1 scale cars.

    I sure have been verbose lately. :)


  • No comments: