Saturday, July 03, 2004

Happy 4th, er, 3rd of July
We are going to the river today to celebrate the 4th. The river here refers to the Tennessee River. Plenty of dams make for some nice lakes. I hope to get Jordan out on a wave runner. I would also like to do a little water skiing. It has been about ten years since the last time I was towed around behind a boat. Wish me luck.

You may have noticed the new look of the blog. I wanted to go for something sparse. This to balance out the clutter of my desktop.

I haven't had a chance to drive the Miata since Tuesday. I am ready to hit the road. The road is calling. Perhaps this evening. At the very latest, tomorrow morning!

Atari
Anyone want an old Atari 1200XL with a floppy drive, modem, data cassette, etc. It is free for the asking. You pay shipping. I am not sure whether it works. I haven't used it since the last 1980s when I got my first IBM compatable Packard Bell 386sx 16 Mhz with 2M of RAM. Now that was a rocking machine.

2 comments:

Mike said...

Wanted your world to be more like iMike's, huh? Good choice.

Hope you had a good trip to the river. We are off for a few days at the lake on Tuesday. Gotta fish and play in the kayaks a little before school starts.

Brian the Red said...

Wow, we had an Atari 800, no modem or floppy. Bet you could get something for it on ebay...

P.S. the Diaries has moved to a new home, change you r link if you would be so kind "http://www.mr-miata.com/diaries/"