Saturday, July 10, 2004

The lights on the Miata are no longer stuck up. This moring I took the console back apart and plugged in the one connector that I overlooked yesterday.

The windshield has had a chip in it since pre-me. This morning I went to Autozone and Advanced Auto Parts. I needed a quart of oil, 1 pint for the Miata and 0.5 quarts for the truck. While at Advanced I saw a windshield repair kit made by LocTite. It was just under 8 dollars and I was going to have to use the plastic as I had no cash. I didn't really want to put a $2 charge on the card for just the oil, though I probably should have. Impulse buy brings total to ~ $10.

The stuff worked to some extent. You can still see that there was a chip in the windshield though it is now much less noticable than before. I feel like I followed the instructions to the letter. I suspect with another application the chip would go away. At this point it is not worth another $8 to me.

I began the process of staining the cherry bed today. The MinWax golden pecan is a nice light stain that looks good on the cherry. I got two coats on the rails and most of a single coat on the head board. I have not yet begun on the footboard. The humidity level was high while I was working. So high in fact that it started to rain. I get anxious about finishing when the humidity is high. Things don't always dry out as they should.

This afternoon I drove over to the big volume chevy dealer. The radio was advertising a Corvette show with free Cokes, Hotdogs, etc. I got there about 2:30 pm. As far as I could tell the show ended at about 2:00. The radio didn't mention show hours. I wanted to get a picture of some of the early era 'vettes and maybe some late model ones as well. The place was pretty much clearing out when I got there. Oh well.

This morning on the way back from the auto parts store I got stopped at a light with 7 'vettes surrounding me. I could tell they were all envious. The water spots don't really show from more than a few yards away.

The real reason for the trip to the parts store was I saw a commerical during the lsat few F1 races that said Advanced would be selling model F1 cars. I thought if they weren't too pricey I might pick up a Ferrari. The store I hit didn't have any.



No comments: