Sunday, July 04, 2004

Today I made the requisite trip to Home Depot. Light bulbs, #10 brass screws, and Minwax golden pecan stain. The later two were for the bed. Brianna is still waiting. I mentioned to Ginger that I was about to start staining the bed frame. She said something about buying a new matress and box spring set. I told her not to get in a hurry.

On the way to HD I saw another red Miata sitting at a stop light. I waved to the guy as I passed throught the light. About a minute later I see him in the rear view mirrow. I slowed down so he could catch up. His was a red 1999. We had the typical conversation two guys in Miatas can have at a traffic light. First he mentions how dirty his car is and how clean mine appears. This is of course an optical illusion. Next we move on to the big gray cloud hovering overhead. No offer for a pink slip race. I think I could have taken him.

The finance committee has approved the purchase of a new car stereo for the Miata. I will probably buy the most inexpensive one I can find from Crutchfield. The only real requirement I have for it is I want one that will play MP3s from a CD-R. I looked at the local Best Buy. I found one there that would work...but I don't like the idea of their 'professional car installation staff' taking my Miata apart.

How many hours of MP3s can you fit on a CD-R?

The trip to the river yesterday was a blast. We all took a ride in the boat. Brianna took a little nap while on the boat. Jordan, Ginger, and I did some tubing. Jordan and I even enjoyed it. We caught some air a few times. While out on the river we passed an island that had wild goats on it. They were hiding among the trees. Jordan got a kick out of that. We also got to ride the wave runners. That was a lot of fun. The river was really wide where we were at. Technically, I think we were on Wheeler Lake. Jordan and I started across the river on the wave runner. We got about a third of the way across before we turned back. Had we gone all the way across, it would have been far enough that no one would have been able to see us. I didn't think that was a very good idea. Surprisingly there were not a lot of boats out. Did I mention the water was really choppy? We managed to put the nose of the wave runner underwater a few times. Only one injury. I have a bruise the size of tennis ball on my right arm.

Updated the Miata Diaries link to www.mr-miata.com/diaries.

No comments: