Friday, July 09, 2004

Who Rakes the Leaves?
I received an email yesterday from a guy by the name of Dan Michaels. He is part of a band called 'The Choir'. He had my email address because I had ordered a few CDs from his web site earlier this year. I have been listening to these guys for 17 years by my count. The note, probably part of a mass mailing, was to let me know that they are working on a new album to be released possibly by September.

A while back, I linked to their website from my home page with the phrase "Who rakes the leaves". There is a very long story which I won't go into right now behind what that means. By coincidence, the main page on their website contains a picture of a large tree.

Now for fun, go and Google "Who Rakes the leaves". Include the quotation marks. Their page was the second link when I did it. The interesting thing about all this is that their website says nothing about raking leaves. It happened because I linked to them with that phrase. Google is amazing.

I think The Choir is located in Nashville these days. That is only a couple hours by Miata, straight up Interstate 65. Perhaps I should drive up there and provide some backup vocals. They could edit them out later.

Everybody in the band appreciates Rik
Back in 1900 and 87, I returned to Alabama from a far away country known as Texas. A few of my friends started a band about the same time. They offered to let me be the lead singer but they had to edit me out later. They were inspired by The Choir and U2. Check out the music of Presence here.


No comments: