Monday, July 05, 2004

My father brought me a bag of veggies from the garden today: cucumbers, squash, and tomatoes. I decided to mess up the kitchen this evening. I prepared some boiled squash, fried squash, sliced red tomatoes, fried green{or slightly, mostly red} tomatoes, and sliced cucumbers. The kids were quick to say they didn't like that stuff. I also made some homemade biscuits which I ended up tossing. The baking powder had expired so they didn't rise. The kids ate PB&J, no crust, J=strawberry jam.

In the next section I refer to my father as 'aka PaPa'. That should have been 'aka PawPaw' I suppose. At least that is the way it is pronouced.

It has been a week since I pounded the pavement. I really need to get back out there. The little bit I had done really helped when I was out hiking last week. I hear a coconut pie in the fridge calling my name.

I started writing up the camping trip, but I haven't finished it yet. Need to get around to that one soon. It's all starting to fade.

More Formula One
As I sit here I am watching the French Grand Prix that I Tivo'ed this weekend. It has been another good race. Don't know how it ends yet. Shh! Don't tell me.

No comments: